No-Bake Oreo Matcha Cheesecake – Recipe

I can’t believe I’ve never made a matcha cheesecake until now. Opportunity struck when I asked a friend what kind of cake he liked best for his birthday, and he said something cheesecake-related. Good thing he’s also a matcha fan.

(Yep, those are Aldi 'faux-reos' on there, not real Oreos. Eh, same thing.)



I was going to do a baked one, but because I only had a bit of time after work I went for a no-bake cheesecake option, which took just minutes to whip up. It takes a few hours to set in the fridge, but the actual making of it’s stupidly simple.

Ready? Here we go.

Ingredients:

200g Oreos, crushed
60g unsalted butter, melted
300g white chocolate, melted
2 tbsp matcha
250g cream cheese
200g full fat Greek yoghurt

To Decorate:

2 tsp matcha
150ml double cream, whipped
8 Oreos

Method:

1. Line and grease a 7″ springform pan. Stir the crushed Oreos and melted butter together, and press firmly into the bottom of the pan.

2. In a large bowl, stir the matcha into the melted chocolate with a balloon whisk. Sir in the cream cheese and yoghurt until well combined, scoop into the tin and smooth down. Bang the tin on the counter a few times to get rid of large air bubbles, and pop in the fridge for four hours, or overnight.

3. Run a knife around the edge of the pan before releasing the cheesecake, dust with more matcha and decorate with cream and more Oreos.


Done! Wasn’t that easy?

Enjoy, and have fun (and happy birthday, Mikey!)

Also, yes, I got my cake shot professionally. Exciting times.


Comments

Popular Posts