Return of the Rainbow Cake

I'll never get tired of making rainbow cakes. My first post was even rainbow cupcakes. I started making them as a teenager before the world even knew they could exist (I know I know, hipster, right?)



I made this particular rainbow cake for my dad's friend's daughter's birthday. She specifically requested I decorate the top with rainbow cake crumbs. At first I wasn't sure if it would look okay, and asked if she'd prefer rainbow sprinkles. Nope, she was adamant that it had to be rainbow cake crumbs. In the end I think it turned out pretty well (my dad's friend kindly sent me this pic of the cut cake).

The cake is based on my 1-eggs-to-a-ounces-of-everything-else sponge recipe, with each layer made of a 1-egg mixture and baked in an 8" round cake pan. I have three of these pans, so I just made two batches of 3-egg mixture and divided each mixture into three bowls to colour (sorry if I just wrote a bit of a word salad!)

In other news, I'm going to be doing my sugar-free month next month (June)! I have so many events coming up where I'd usually eat sweet things and so there isn't an easy month to do it in, so I just picked June. The biggest kicker is that it's Tashcakes!'s and Wacky World of a Weird Girl's third blog birthday in June, too. I'll be making a cake... but I won't be eating it. My friends and family will be happy though!

Comments

Popular Posts