Healthy Banana Oatmeal Cookies – Recipe

Healthy dairy free cookies! Well. Healthy-ish. No oil, butter, eggs or refined flour, but there is a little bit of sugar from the apple sauce- you have to have some joy, right?


I was just experimenting and messing around in the kitchen when I made these- I had a decent amount of museli left that was lying around because I've gotten into porridge for the winter, and was looking for a healthy way of using them up. I mixed together a bunch of stuff and ended up with these vegan, dairy-free oatmeal cookies. They're kind of chewy- next time I think I'll add more museli and skip the quick cook porridge altogether for sturdier cookies- but I like them.


Ingredients:
 - 2 Cups rolled oats (or, in my case, cheapo museli)
- 1 Cup instant porridge oats
- 1/2 Tsp each of ground ginger, nutmeg and cinnamon
- 125g Chopped nuts of your choice (I used brazil nuts)
- 1/2 Cup sultanas
- 4 Bananas, mashed
- 125ml Apple sauce (in my case half a jar)
- 1/4 Cup water

 Method:

1) Preheat oven to 200 degrees C and line a couple of baking trays with greaseproof paper, lightly oiling the paper so the cookies don't stick
 
2) Stir together dry ingredients (two types of oats, spices, nuts and raisins) in a bowl

3) Stir in the wet ingredients (bananas, apple sauce and water) so your mixture looks like this:

You could actually eat it as it is right now like Swiss museli.

4) Drop tablespoon-sized scoops of the dough onto your baking sheets and flatten them a bit with the back of the spoon, arranging them so they're about half an inch apart (they don't spread much)

5) Bake for about 20mins until they begin to brown

That's pretty much it! Makes about 25 cookies.

Comments

Popular Posts